The Intensive Care Unit of Punta Pacifica Hospital, located on the 6th floor is equipped with all the necessary supplies and equipment to provide high quality care with advanced technology to our patients.
Upon entering this room, patients with a high risk of complications such as hypertension, diabetes, and other serious conditions, still have a chance of recovery.
“No terminal patients are admitted which show that their diagnoses are wrong, even though the treatment is sophisticated. Examples of this are patients with cancer or other diseases.”
In the Intensive Care Unit we offer:
* hemodynamic monitoring (invasive and noninvasive) measures, second-to-second and minute by minute vital signs like heart rate and blood pressure.
* Mechanical Ventilation (Invasive and Noninvasive)
* Specialized care for cardiovascular patients.
* Staff specializing in Critical Care.
* Nurse-patient relationship
* Nurse for severely ill patient
* Cardiovascular Patient Nurse -------- 1
* Patient Pediatric Nurse -------- 1 Grave
* Centricity software: The unit is received through a computer via Rx patients and laboratories.
* Fluid: We have the Unidose pharmaceutical department which ensures the sterility of dispensed medicines from a laminar bell.
* cellbyte: Computer system for medical orders and control inputs.
Intensive Care Unit has:
* A multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists and pharmacists dedicated to sophisticated and complex care of critically ill patients as part of our mission.
* 4 Fans for adult and pediatric care plus the acquisition of a NAVAS fan.
* Vigileo software for monitoring cardiac output and venous saturation in oximetry calculations.
* High Infusion Pump technology.
* Enteral Nutrition Power Pumps.
* Portable fan with portable gauge.
* Heating therapy for patients with hypothermia.
* Therapy insufflations.